The Food Science program of Rutgers University provides an exciting and challenging academic environment that encourages the acquisition and integration of knowledge within the field of food science and technology and places it within the context of societal needs. The program:
- Will provide the student with the tools to develop quantitative thinking skills that lay the foundation for working individually and in teams and to grow as a professional.
- Emphasizes a strong foundation in the basic sciences applied to solving practical problems related to the production and safety of food and food ingredients.
- Stresses communication skills enhancing student career opportunities within and beyond the area of food science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Science of Food
- Food and Health
- Food as Medicine
- Foods: from Field to Table
- Food Processing Technologies
- Food Process Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 1802 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7045 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.