Scholarships Need-based
HOGGATT Injury Law

Hoggatt Injury Law Children of Injured Workers Scholarship

View relevant bachelors
1000 USD
United States
20 Dec 2023
Application deadline


At Hoggatt Injury Law, they are passionate about supporting workers and their families whose lives have been affected by work-related injuries. They know that workplace injuries can have far-reaching financial ramifications, including when it comes to a family’s ability to provide for their children’s educational expenses.


Scholarship type

Need based

Number of scholarships to award




Scholarship coverage

  • tuition fee reduction
  • other


They hope to help families address this challenge by offering a scholarship to the child of an employee who has been injured or killed in a work-related accident.

Applicable programmes


The Hoggatt Injury Law Children of Injured Workers Scholarship provides $1,000 to assist with a student’s tuition and other educational expenses at their chosen college or university anywhere in the United States.


You are eligible to apply for the Spring 2024 Hoggatt Injury Law Children of Injured Workers Scholarship if:

  • Your parent has been affected by a work-related injury.
  • You are enrolled (or will be) in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited U.S. college or university through at least the Spring 2024 semester.
  • You are a U.S. citizen.
  • You are at least 18 years of age.
  • You have a current cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.

Scholarship requirements




United States



Study experience required

High school




Application deadline

20 Dec 2023

Your application must include an essay of between 500 and 1,000 words in response to the prompt:

  • What are your academic and career goals, and how will this scholarship help you achieve them? In what ways have your parents inspired you to further your education?

Additionally, you will need to include a description and documentation of your parent’s work injury. Acceptable documentation could include a medical report showing work restrictions or an impairment rating, a signed letter by the treating physician, or a disability benefits award letter from a state workers’ compensation division, the Social Security Administration, or the Department of Veterans Affairs.

They also require that you submit a current academic transcript showing your cumulative GPA, along with contact information including your address, phone number, and email address, and a professional photograph of yourself (.jpg file).

Programmes related to this scholarship

Our partners