History
December 24, 1890 – The Territorial Legislature voted to establish the Territorial Normal School. The Territorial Legislature located the new school in Edmond. But first, Oklahoma County had to donate $5,000 in bonds, and Edmond had to donate 40 acres of land within one mile of the town. Ten of those acres had to be set aside for the new school.