The UCO School of Criminal Justice is one of the oldest criminal justice programs in Oklahoma. We are truly committed to turning academic excellence into professional competence and helping our students become the leaders of tomorrow’s criminal justice system. The School is highly respected and has a diverse faculty with exceptional academic credentials and professional experience in law, research, working with serial offenders, cybercrime, white-collar crime, community policing, and corrections.
Student Learning Objectives
The majors of the Criminal Justice - Corrections major at the University of Central Oklahoma will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively to an audience of their peers
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge and skills related to the processes and issues in the correctional system
- Communicate clearly and effectively in their writing
- Engage in research opportunities
- Ethically synthesize and properly document source material according to the American Psychological Association (APA) citation standards
There are various career opportunities available for Criminal Justice-Corrections majors, including:
- Corrections Officer (local, county, state, federal)
- Case Manager/Treatment Specialist
- Gang Investigator
- Mental Health Worker/Clinician
- Reentry Specialist
- Intelligence Analyst
- Prison Warden/Jail Administrator
- Juvenile Probation Officer
- State/Federal Probation Officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Writing for Criminal Justice Professionals
- Introduction to the Criminal Justice System
- Introduction to Human Communication
- Applied Ethics for Criminal Justice Practitioners
- Critical Issues in Criminal Justice
- Research Methodology for Criminal Justice
- Introduction to CJ Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 534 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Completed Admission/Scholarship application
- A current official high school transcript reflecting unweighted GPA and class rank
- 20 composite score on the ACT or 1030 reading and math combined SAT score
- OR, 2.7 overall non-weighted GPA and ranking in the upper 50% of your graduating class
- OR, 2.7 overall GPA in the 15 unit high school core curriculum
International14962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7481 USD per semester during 48 months.
National14962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7481 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3126 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Edmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.