Food Science students from Michigan State University apply scientific principles to control, preserve and enhance the flavor, color, texture, nutritive value and safety of food.
In addition to the core program, students majoring in food science complete one of the following concentrations: basic food science, food packaging, food business and industry, or food technology.
- Brand ambassadors
- Food technologists
- Food safety associates
- Food safety hygienists
- Quality control scientists
- Regulatory affairs technicians
- Research associates
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- General Chemistry
- General and Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Principles of Food Science
- Professional Development and Career Planning in Food Science
- Food Processing: Unit Operations
- Food Chemistry
- Food Chemistry Laboratory
- Sensory Analysis and Consumer Research
- Advanced Professional Seminar in Food Science
- Food Microbiology
- Food Microbiology Laboratory
- Food and Nutrition Laboratory
- Integrated Approaches to Food Product Development
- Principles of Human Nutrition
- Introductory Microbiology
- Survey of Calculus
- Introductory Physics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 228 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.