About the Program
Courses in the Criminal Justice program of Rutgers University deal with crime and other forms of deviance and the responses to these problems by police, courts, corrections, and other organizations; contemporary criminal justice issues; and ethical concerns and research. Students majoring in Criminal Justice receive excellent preparation for further study in graduate or professional schools as well as for careers in criminal justice.
The Rutgers School of Criminal Justice also offers an accelerated program (B.S./M.A.) that combines an undergraduate liberal arts education with professional study. Students from Rutgers University can participate in this program, focusing on their undergraduate studies during the first three years and spending the remainder of their time focusing on graduate studies.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. We’ve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a member—so are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeley—of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers’ international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminal Law: Theory and Practice
- Crimes Against Humanity
- Crime and Public Policy
- Forensic Science
- Ideas in Justice
- Juvenile Justice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Criminal Law Criminology View 491 other Bachelors in Criminology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.