A bachelor’s degree in Nutritional Sciences from Grand Canyon University provides the foundation for students to develop into a nutrition, health care, fitness and education professional. By examining connections among diet, physical activity and health, students gain the knowledge and skills to promote proper food, nutrition and health management in the lives of others. A career path in nutritional science leads to consulting, guidance and counseling on healthy eating and the general welfare of populations. Further, a bachelor's degree in nutritional sciences can prepare students for entrance into graduate education in dietetics to become a registered dietitian nutritionist.
- Possible career paths for graduates of the nutritional sciences degree include positions as a nutritionist, nutrition technician, nutritional and health education/outreach professional, as well as fitness and other health-related professionals. Because this is a greatly expanding area, students with bachelor's degrees in nutritional sciences may find career opportunities in education, commercial and corporate industries, as well as government and nonprofit sectors.
- Workplace settings may include fitness facilities, healthcare organizations and food and nutrition management environments. This program further provides the basis for students to enter graduate school programs for nutritional sciences.
- Nutrition and wellness
- Applied anatomy, physiology and health psychology
- Chemistry and organic chemistry
- Fundamental microbiology and biochemistry
- Food sciences and nutrition research
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 1318 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
- All students must submit either acceptable high school or college transcripts to be considered for full admission into the University.
- Additionally, if students cannot meet the GPA requirements with their transcripts, but have test scores or a college-GPA that meets admissions requirements, students will be eligible for full admission.
- If both the degree-bearing transcript and the test scores do not meet admission requirements, students may be accepted with specifications.
International16500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.