At the heart of our education are the Liberal Studies Core Courses (30 units), which provide a thorough foundation in the arts & humanities, science, and social thought/science. In addition, students take one of two emphases (21 units).
The Elementary Education Emphasis provides an excellent preparation for teaching diverse subjects in elementary schools and for being admitted to a multiple-subject teaching credential program. (Such admission requires passing the CSET, which 85% of our students do on their first attempt.) Under the Interdisciplinary Thematic Emphasis, students select a personalized set of courses devoted to the study of specific interdisciplinary themes, which can range from special education to pre-law to rock music.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
Our affordable undergraduate and graduate programs provide students the best of current practice, theory and research and integrate professional studies with preparation in the arts and sciences. Through experiences in and out of the classroom, students develop the habit of intellectual inquiry, prepare for challenging professions, strengthen relationships to their communities and contribute productively to society.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inquiry and Composition in Liberal Studies
- Historical Dimension of Liberal Studies
- Historical Dimension of Liberal Studies
- Liberal Studies in the Humanities and Arts
- Liberal Studies in the Sciences
- Liberal Studies in the Social Sciences
- The California Experience
- A European Tour
- Cross-Cultural Humanities
- History of Science: Copernicus to the Present
- Evolution and Creation
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Food in the Social Sciences
- Ancient Eats: Food and Foodways in the Ancient World
- Senior Seminar in Cultural Diversity
- Senior Seminar in Humanities and Arts
- Senior Seminar in Evolution and Creation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences History General Studies & Classics View 510 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Below are the general requirements for applying to the University as a freshman international student:
- Coursework equivalent to senior high school in the U.S.
- Subject requirements (see details below)
- English language proficiency (see details below)
- Above-average class standing
- Explanation After High School Letter (only if you have graduated from high school when you applied to CSUF)
International16399 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16399 USD per year during 48 months.
National8613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8613 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8613 USD per year during 48 months.
Non-Resident Tuition Fee: An additional $396 per unit of enrollment
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.