The Journalism and Communication program of Wartburg College offers concentrations in digital cinema, multimedia journalism, organizations/public relations, and sports media. Our graduates work as writers, editors, reporters, production specialists, and public relations professionals. They’re involved in web development, the entertainment industry, and a variety of related fields.
Majors & Requirements
Communication studies is a study of how we communicate differently to various audiences/users and communities. It understands that communication is social, political, and media-based, and occurs in different contexts. Students in this major typically pursue additional graduate study or teach speech or mass media.
Journalism & Communication
The Department of Journalism & Communication upholds a long tradition of preparing students for careers in multimedia and public relations. Its multifaceted approach, combining liberal arts with a major program emphasizing hands-on experience, is distinctive among Upper Midwest colleges and universities. Concentrations are available in digital cinema, multimedia journalism, organizational/public relations, and sports media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Communication Perspectives: Gender and Sexuality
- Media Writing
- Video Production
- Media Marketing and Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 974 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fill out our online application or the Common Application.
- Transcripts from your secondary school. Please include national exam scores (if applicable).
- ONE test score. This can be TOEFL, IELTS, EIKEN, PTE Academic, ACT, SAT, or Duolingo.
- Financial Documents: International Student Financial Aid Application or CSS Profile.
- Please send a bank statement or official bank letter outlining the amount of money your sponsor or family has available to help fund your education.
International45200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45200 USD per year during 48 months.
National45200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waverly
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.