In the Culinary Arts program of Johnson & Wales University you’ll focus on the fundamentals of food preparation before delving deeper into each technical area, mastering the disciplines in specialized industry production environments such as garde manger, hot labs, pastry and bakeshops, and wine and beverage labs.
You’ll also learn the business side of the industry, from financial to human resource management to leadership skills. When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to become a top chef — one who can lead in a variety of real-life production environments anywhere in the world.
Find Your Path
Your path to a JWU culinary degree starts with a common core of foundational classes that emphasize essential skills.
As courses progress, JWU’s project-based approach to culinary learning encourages critical thinking, discipline, professionalism and leadership.
In addition, you can take full advantage of the full university experience, which includes student-run clubs, athletics, world-class speakers and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Cuisine and Culinary Cultures
- Culinary Capstone: The Professional Kitchen
- Chef-Driven Fine Dining Concepts
- Culinary Operations and Facility Management
- Advanced Food Safety, HACCP and Special Processes
- Advanced Internship
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesCulinary Arts View 28 other Masters in Culinary Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.