Learn in advanced lab settings from our world-renowned faculty as you broaden your exposure to a wide range of experiences in the baking and pastry world.
In the Baking and Pastry Arts program of Johnson & Wales University you’ll use advanced techniques and equipment to create artisan breads, decorative bread showpieces, advanced petites gâteaux, wedding cakes, chocolate and sugar showpieces and world-class plated desserts while accelerating your career path in this ever-expanding industry.
You’ll also participate in an advanced domestic or international internship, or study abroad, where you’ll work alongside some of the most prestigious names in the business. Sites include Alain Ducasse’s famed pastry school in southern France.
With exposure to industry relevant skills, techniques and technology, you’ll be ready to connect with some of the world’s best hotels, clubs and resorts, high-volume production bakeries, independent bakeries, restaurants, contract bakeries and wholesale pastry shops. What will you create tomorrow?
Some professions may require additional study, background checks, certifications, licenses, exams and/or experience as required qualifications for employment. Students are responsible for verifying that they can meet the employment requirements of potential employers.
- Bakery Manager
- Bakery Merchandiser
- Bakery Owner
- Executive Pastry Chef
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tiered and Themed Decorated Cakes
- Advanced Chocolates and Confections
- Naturally Leavened Breads and Advanced Viennoiserie
- Advanced Petits Gâteaux
- Baking and Pastry Buffet Presentation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Early admission: November 1
DisciplinesFood Sciences Culinary Arts View 28 other Masters in Culinary Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
- Submit Admissions Forms
- Non-U.S. students transferring to JWU from another U.S. post-secondary institution must submit a Transfer Verification Form
International34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
National34376 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34376 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.