The International Relations curriculum at Michigan State University encourages students to think creatively about a variety of issues: What constitutes “national security”? What are the social consequences of modernization? How does the United States arrive at foreign policy decisions? How is that different from how foreign policies are made in other countries and which is better? What is the impact of protectionist foreign trade policies? What is the impact of the United Nations and other international organizations? What effects do weapons and communications technologies have on world politics?
- Communications specialists
- Health care professionals
- Corporate liaisons
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- International Relations: World Politics and International Security
- International Relations: The Politics of International Economic Relations
- International Security
- Japanese Foreign Policy
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- The Comparative Analysis of Foreign Policy
- Russian Foreign Policy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 585 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.