Food scientists solve problems involving food quality, safety, technology and abundance. Food technology is the nation’s largest industry, adding over $40 billion in value annually. The United States has the safest, most efficient food production and distribution system in the world as a direct result of thousands of skilled, creative scientists who focus on food.
Food science and technology graduates work in the food industry, in academia and in government positions. The comprehensive curriculum and emphasis on problem solving skills of the Food Science and Technology program from The Ohio State University produces graduates who are highly sought by the industry. They are employed all over the world by companies of all sizes, and hold such titles as associate scientist, director of research and development, director of food microbiology and safety, food technologist, product development manager, plant manager, president, product development scientist, professor, quality control supervisor, senior vice president for research, senior scientist, and senior food process engineer.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in Food Science, graduates have the option of joining the workforce, pursuing an advanced degree in a food-related area of study, or attending professional school, such as veterinary, medical, dental, pharmacy or optometry school. We place virtually 100 percent of our graduates within six months of graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic chemistry
- Introduction to food processing
- Food chemistry and analysis
- Food microbiology
- Qualitative properties of food
- Food processing
- Technical problem solving
- Product development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTechnology Management Food Sciences View 168 other Masters in Technology Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.