Climate change may alter the severity and location of all these events. Understanding the processes that cause these weather events is critical in our daily lives as well as in industry.
Graduates of the Atmospheric Sciences program from The Ohio State University are well prepared for additional study at the graduate level. The major also prepares students for a career as a weather forecaster. Graduates will fulfill all of the Federal Civil Service requirements for meteorologist positions and will qualify for meteorology positions in the National Weather Service, the Federal Aviation Administration or any other federal agency.The atmospheric sciences major also is sufficiently flexible to meet the needs of undergraduates who are interested in careers in broadcast meteorology, climatic research, environmental monitoring, forensic meteorology, applications development and the military.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Calculus and analytic geometry
- Atmospheric Thermodynamics
- Microclimatology: Boundary Layer Climatology
- Synoptic Meteorology: Synoptic Analysis and Forecasting
- Microclimatological Measurements
- Dynamic Meteorology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology View 92 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.