Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
In recognition of outstanding academic achievements, the university offers several merit scholarships for incoming freshmen entering the university fall semester. For most awards, they consider academic achievement only, while for others financial need is also considered. International freshmen are not eligible for merit scholarships.
Students awarded the Stamps Eminence Scholarship are part of a select group of undergraduate Honors students that embark on a unique, four-year journey of academic rigor, service and leadership.
Full cost of attendance at Ohio State for eight semesters of full-time enrollment, plus an enrichment grant valued at up to $5,000 accessible after the first year of successful study.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply. All applicants must apply to the University Honors Program.
- Finalists are selected based on the strength of their Common Application, a separate Stamps Eminence Scholarship essay and a video introduction.
- Selections are based on outstanding academic potential, demonstrated commitment to service, and character.
- All majors are encouraged to apply.
- There is no “typical” Stamps Eminence Scholar.
Study experience required
Three required steps:
Apply for admission to Ohio State by the early action deadline of November 1.
Apply for Honors on the Common Application.
Complete the separate Stamps Eminence Scholarship Application by November 15.