Assess the real possibilities of future world wars by analyzing the nature of modern global relationships with the International Relations and Global Security BA course at the American Public University.
APU’s online bachelor of arts in international relations provides a robust and comprehensive exploration of foreign policy analysis, international organizations, global development, and international relations theory.
This bachelor’s degree in international relations and global security particularly emphasizes civic engagement and social responsibility. As you consider the interconnectedness of global economies, societies, and cultures, you will be challenged to sharpen your critical thinking skills in politics, economics, culture, and history.
Students must choose a concentration for this degree program:
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Politics
- European Studies
- Globalization and Human Security
- International Studies
- Latin American Studies
What You Will Do
- Distinguish the political, economic, social, and security theories, methods, and historic patterns of international relations applied to contemporary issues and actors within the world system
- Explain the process and implications of interdependence among individuals, groups, states, and regions in the context of globalization
- Analyze conflict within international systems related to the institutions of international law, diplomacy, and world order, including the prospects for sustainable peace
- Assess the uniqueness of international organizations and other non-state actors within the international system of states
- Evaluate the multidimensional effects of globalization and integration in human security, conflict resolution, and sustainable economic development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Law and Regimes
- Environmental Security
- International Conflict Resolution
- International Civil Order
- International Relations
- International Organizations
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Law View 23 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.