The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration at the National University is designed to meet the educational and professional needs of individuals in law enforcement who are interested in professional development or career advancement, but also prepares individuals for entry- and advanced-level positions, teaching, or training assignments, private security employment, research, or employment as consultants within the field.
Study forensic science, research methods, juvenile justice, corrections, criminology, leadership and management, civil and criminal investigations, court systems, criminal law, and complete a senior project supervised by full-time, associate, and select core adjunct faculty. Select elective courses from psychology, sociology, addictive disorders, behavioral science, legal studies, information technology, and human resource management to provide a broader perspective in human behavior.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply biological, psychological, sociological, and economic explanations for criminal behavior from a variety of disciplines.
- Identify the causes and patterns of juvenile delinquency.
- Distinguish the leadership and management styles commonly employed in the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate the criminal investigation process to include preliminary investigation, evidence collection and preservation, submission, and testimony in a courtroom.
- Explain the role of criminal sanctions in relationship to victims and offenders.
- Examine the importance of ethics when applied to all three branches of the criminal justice system.
Entry Level Positions
- Police officer
- Probation officer
- Juvenile and adult corrections
- Jail or prison worker
- Public interest/advocacy
- Airline security representative
- Foreign service officer
- Animal treatment investigator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Juvenile Offender
- CJ Management and Leadership
- Principles of Investigation
- Courts & the Judicial Process
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Ethics and the C J System
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- This program starts monthly.
DisciplinesCriminal Law Public Law Public Policy View 313 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official high school transcripts and mark sheets (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official high school diploma/proof of graduation (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official post-secondary transcripts and diplomas if post-secondary schooling was pursued by applicant (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13320 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13320 USD per module and a duration of 48 months.
National13320 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13320 USD per module and a duration of 48 months.
- Tuition per course - $1,665
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.