- The Department draws from the fields of digital audio/radio, digital video/television, and film production, scriptwriting and reporting, and broadcast (i.e. radio and television), print, mobile and online news. It addresses current industry standards, technological trends of convergence and community needs while meeting the university’s historical mission. The Media Journalism, Film and Communications programme is offered at the Howard University.
- The Department unifies several intellectual and creative strands within the School that share the common concerns of communicating in effective ways at the local, regional, national and global levels.
- Students can earn a Bachelor of Arts specializing in media and film, journalism, and interdisciplinary studies (build a major) and a Master of Fine Arts in Film.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 1291 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $45 application fee
- Official high school transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a high school counselor
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher
International28450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28450 USD per year during 48 months.
National28450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28450 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.