- The Legal Studies and Business Ethics courses students at the University of Pennsylvania take in this program help them explore how responsible business leaders can engage ethically and effectively with diverse cultures, corporate stakeholders, government regulators, and legal systems.
- Of special value to students seeking to broaden their business education, this concentration also helps them acquire essential, non-quantitative reasoning skills that are required when leaders face difficult choices under conditions of empirical uncertainty and/or moral ambiguity – a frequent occurrence in fast-moving market economies. Students pursuing this concentration will gain a number of analytic skills, including: identifying moral and legal issues hidden within complex, culturally rich fact patterns; reasoning from moral principles (including both utilitarian, efficiency-based norms and imperatives such as freedom and equality) to specific ethical and legal conclusions; reasoning by analogy between like cases and situations; and arguing from authoritative rules and precedents to specific, logically consistent recommendations for action.
- Thus, the Legal Studies & Business Ethics Concentration not only fully satisfies the need for a primary undergraduate concentration, but also complements (for students with the capacity to double concentrate) other, more quantitatively oriented concentrations to be found at the Wharton School in such areas as finance, accounting, statistics, marketing, business analytics, insurance and risk management, operations, and information systems.
- Real Estate Law
- Innovation, Marketing Strategy, and Antitrust
- The Sports Industry: Business and Legal Aspects
- The Law at Work: Employment Law for Managers
- Economic Analysis of Law
- Legal Aspect of Entrepreneurship
- International Business Transactions
- Environmental Management: Law & Policy
- Emerging Economies
- Diversity and the Law
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Law Legal Studies View 264 other Bachelors in Legal Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application & Penn-specific Essay
- Official High School Transcript
- School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Academic Teacher Evaluations (2)
- Early Decision Agreement (only if applying for Early Decision)
- Mid-Year Report
- Final Report
- SAT or ACT
- English language proficiency
International54652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54652 USD per year during 48 months.
National54652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54652 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.