The OHSU-PSU collaborative School of Public Health is an innovative structure, in which we bring the best of two universities to you. Our design is a product of our innovative spirit and values: we bring that approach to you, working to chart your path into clinical, educational, policy, and direct-service health careers.
In particular, you will build skills to identify and address health disparities across populations, define health problems, and learn to design and implement strategies to promote health in the larger community with the Public Health Studies - Community Health Promotion concentration at Portland State University .
Many of our alumni continue to graduate school earning an MPH in Health Promotion, Epidemiology, Global Health, or Health Management and Policy.Recent graduates have been accepted to the OHSU-PSU School of Public Health, Boston University, Columbia, Oregon State University, University of Washington and other universities around the country.With a bachelor’s degree in Health Studies: Community Health, alumni have found work at the state and county health agencies as well as community-based organizations and facilities, including:
- Health educator
- Health promotion specialist
- Research assistant
- Emergency disaster preparedness specialist
- Healthcare specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our Community: Our Health
- Health and Health Systems
- Communicable Diseases and Chronic Health Problems
- Gender, Race, Class and Health
- Public Health Law, Policy, and Ethics
- Environmental Health
- Global Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 2225 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.