Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The International Achievement Scholarship is awarded to new incoming international undergraduate students on the basis of their academic achievement. Students who maintain high academic standing are automatically reviewed for the scholarship at the time of admission.
Award Amount: Between $3,000 and $10,000 per academic year annually
- Eligible students typically have entering equivalent grade point averages (GPA) of at least 3.25 out of a possible 4.0 grading scale;
- Students sponsored by state entities or outside parties/organizations may be ineligible for the award. Specific university-level partnerships are also excluded from eligibility.
- The International Achievement Scholarship is restricted to new admission applicants only. Students already enrolled at Portland state are not eligible to apply for this scholarship or to request an increase in an award amount after the point of admission;
- Recipients must be classified as non-resident for tuition classification status;
- Students who have not yet met the TOEFL/English Language Proficiency requirement are eligible for this scholarship; however, activation of the scholarship will be delayed until after the ESL restriction has been lifted and the students are fully eligible for unrestricted enrollment in academic degree-seeking coursework.
Study experience required
No separate application is required. Applicants are automatically considered.