This program provides a complete and nuanced education in Sexuality, Gender, and Queer Studies . This gives the opportunity to study different academic areas alongside one another. The major provides students with a holistic view of the discipline. It encourages students to integrate courses from other departments into the major electives.
The Sexuality, Gender, and Queer Studies major at Portland State University provides a blend of coursework, community involvement, and close connections with faculty. This means students graduate ready to fill a wide variety of roles. Our alumni have gone on to careers in:
- Community Activism and Government: Our students land jobs with organizations like Multnomah County, Portland Public Schools, and regional public health organizations.
- Youth Programs: Graduates of our program work for nonprofit organizations that work with LGBTQ+ youth and other marginalized young people.
- Social Justice and Law: Sexuality, gender and queers studies major get jobs doing research or the law. They work to support the rights and liberties of LGBTQ+ and other marginalized communities.
- Social Work: Our graduates sometimes pursue careers at organizations that provide resources and support to at-risk populations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gender and Sexualities
- Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality in the US
- Histories of Sexualities
- Queer of Color Theorizing and Perspectives
- Topics in Transnational Sexuality Studies
- Feminist Theory & Methodology
- Senior Seminar
- Experiential Learning Seminar
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Psychology View 299 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29837 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29837 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10081 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10081 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.