An interdisciplinary approach to the combination of these three disciplines may be of particular interest to students contemplating post-graduate work in law; those interested in a career in public service or politics; and those attracted by the rigor of philosophy and its attention to foundational issues, who are also interested in politics and law. The Philosophy, Politics and Law program is offered at University of Southern California.
Students are exposed to a wider range of conceptual and methodological approaches than they would in any single discipline, while learning enough philosophy and political science to leave a choice of options for graduate schools. The major requires nine classes, one of which must be a gateway course — PHIL 300, PHIL 315, PHIL 320, PHIL 340 or PHIL 360 — distributed as follows.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Professions and the Public Interest in American Life
- Mind, Self, and Consciousness
- Law, Politics and Public Policy
- Reasoning and Argument
- Logic and Language
- Symbolic Logic
- Philosophy of Law
- Law, Society, and Politics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Public Law Political Science View 881 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.