Ethnic Studies (with Option in Asian American Studies) Program Goals
- To promote study and research by, for, and about Asian and Pacific Islander Americans.
- To teach students about the experiences of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the US and in the world.
- To teach students critical thinking and communication skills.
- To prepare students for social and community engagement.
- To advance social justice for Asian and Pacific Islander Americans.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
Our affordable undergraduate and graduate programs provide students the best of current practice, theory and research and integrate professional studies with preparation in the arts and sciences. Through experiences in and out of the classroom, students develop the habit of intellectual inquiry, prepare for challenging professions, strengthen relationships to their communities and contribute productively to society.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Vietnamese Communities in the U.S.
- Multiple Heritage Asian American and Pacific Islanders
- Filipina/o American Experience
- The South Asian American Experience
- The Korean American Experience
- The Chinese American Experience
- Introduction to Ethnic Studies
- The History of Asian Pacific Americans
- Introduction to Asian Pacific American Studies
- Research and Writing in Ethnic Studies
- Ethnic Studies Senior Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 1872 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Below are the general requirements for applying to the University as a freshman international student:
- Coursework equivalent to senior high school in the U.S.
- Subject requirements (see details below)
- English language proficiency (see details below)
- Above-average class standing
- Explanation After High School Letter (only if you have graduated from high school when you applied to CSUF)
International16399 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16399 USD per year during 48 months.
National8613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8613 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8613 USD per year during 48 months.
Non-Resident Tuition Fee: An additional $396 per unit of enrollment
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.