Chemistry of University of Wisconsin - Whitewater starts with the study of elementary particles, atoms, molecules, substances, metals, crystals and other aggregates of matter. This matter can be studied in solid, liquid, or gas states, in isolation or in combination. The interactions, reactions and transformations that are studied in chemistry are usually the result of interactions between atoms, leading to rearrangements of the chemical bonds which hold atoms together. Such behaviors are studied in a chemistry laboratory.
Because chemistry is primarily a practical experimental science requiring well developed laboratory and problem-solving skills, many graduates find employment in the multi-faceted chemical industry conducting applied research. For example, an industrial chemist might be working in the field of:
- Food chemistry: developing and improving food products.
- Pharmaceutical chemistry: researching new drug products.
- Water chemistry: monitoring water quality or waste water treatment.
- Agricultural chemistry: developing safer, more effective pesticides and fertilizers
- Petroleum chemistry: researching new fuel and lubricant formulations
- Biochemistry: involving the areas of biotechnology or toxicology testing
Many industrial chemists are working in the field of basic research, using the tools of theoretical chemistry. Large numbers of chemists are also employed in academic and government labs conducting both applied and basic research. Chemistry is a strong training component for those planning careers in medicine, chiropractic, dentistry, pharmacology, or medical technology.
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Biochemistry of Macromolecules
- Topics in Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
The admissions process is rolling, but it's possible applications will close once the available spaces for admitted freshmen are filled.
DisciplinesEducation Chemistry Biochemistry View 2186 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an application and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee
- A copy of your high school transcript
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- Submit the Certification of Finances Form
- Submit a bank statement showing enough liquid funds to cover the total cost outlined here
- Submit the biographical page in your passport electronically
International16602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16602 USD per year during 48 months.
National16602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16602 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7730 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.