The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates that careers in health education will grow nearly twice as fast as other occupations over the next decade. Upon graduation, students will be well prepared for a career in the growing health and wellness industry.
Graduates of the Health Promotion, Nutrition and Exercise Science program at The Ohio State University may be qualified to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist examination or for American College of Sports Medicine certification. With the selection of appropriate course work, graduates will also be prepared to pursue a variety of graduate programs, including in occupational and physical therapy, nutrition, and exercise science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students will take at least 46 hours of major course work on topics including nutrition, health behavior theory, health program planning and evaluation, kinesiology, nutrition and physical performance, and changing behaviors. Students will also take an additional 10-13 hours of science course work.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 1601 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.