Film and Media from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY lets you take your studies further with courses in storyboarding, character development, costume, fandom in the internet age, and gaming. New York's array of studios, television networks, and agencies provides a variety of internship opportunities.
Graduates with Film and Media from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- develop complex argumentative strategies for long-form documentary films;
- write scholarly essays on films, filmmakers, or industry practices that employ important theoretical concepts of Film and Media studies;
- speak with informed confidence about the cinema history and cinema culture of at least one country or region in addition to the U.S.;
- create long-form screenplays that conform to industry standards for format and story structure;
- apply special expertise in sound design, post-production digital techniques, costuming, performance, etc. to any film project; and
- produce 10-30 minute films of professional quality in various genres.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Theory and Criticism, An Introduction
- Junior Production
- Senior Production
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 974 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- File the SUNY Application Online
- Admissions Essay
- School Transcripts
- English Proficiency
- U.S. equivalency of your credential(s)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) strong B average
- An English translation for all documents, where applicable
International15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2645 USD per semester during 48 months.
- State Residents.: $3585 per semester
- Out-of-state residents: $10,846 per semester
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.