- The Corrections program at Alabama State University encourages critical thinking and promotes the research, communication and professional skills necessary to pursue graduate and professional study in the area of criminal justice or pursue career opportunities in criminal justice, government, education and business.
- As a criminal justice major, you’ll learn the basis of criminology through a diverse range of courses on juvenile justice, social problems, corrections and more. Then, you’ll take the knowledge gained in the classroom and apply it in practice through real-world internships at local and state agencies such as the Alabama Attorney General’s Office, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office or the National Park Service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Community Offender Supervision
- Correctional Institutional Management
- Perspectives on Corrections and Juvenile Justice
- Introduction to the American Court System
- Introduction to Juvenile Justice
- Legal Rights of the Convicted
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Criminal Law Criminology View 532 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Students who are initially denied admissions may appeal to the Admissions Committee for reconsideration based upon special factors or circumstances that may be mitigating in a review process. Appeals should be forwarded to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. The director of Admission has limited discretion, under the authority of the president of the University to adjust admissions requirements based on existing market trends.
- Applicants who are seniors in high school are admitted with the understanding that requirements for admission to the university will be fulfilled during their senior year. These applicants must submit a final high school transcript that reflects completion of high school with a standard, honors, or advanced diploma from their high school.
International19936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19936 USD per year during 48 months.
National19936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19936 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11068 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Montgomery
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.