Student Learning Outcomes
- Students of the Communication - Journalism major from Marist College will be able to produce visual, audio, and/or written works of excellence.
- Students will be able to engage with the theoretical and historical underpinnings of communication.
- Students will be able to gather, critically evaluate, and synthesize information from various sources.
Engage in Real-World Journalism
Marist’s Journalism students have access to a wide range of opportunities for hands-on experience in the field. Over 83% of Marist students complete at least one internship, and being only 90 minutes away from both New York City and Albany, NY, you’ll have special access to journalistic epicenters of the world. Alongside internship experiences, you’ll have access to on-campus journalistic hubs like:
- Marist Circle: the main school newspaper written, photographed, edited, designed, and produced by and for the Red Fox Community.
- The Society of Professional Journalists: join the Marist chapter of the premier professional society for journalists in the United States, and engage with working journalists as guest speakers and mentors, and gain access to journalism awards and training seminars.
- Marist Poll: the College’s survey and polling research center provides Journalism and other students access to important political and social data and also offers exciting activities and excursions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- News Editing
- Broadcast Newswriting
- Magazine Layout & Design
- Producing the Newscast
- Mass Communication Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15th
- Early Action: November 15th
- Early Decision 2: February 1st
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 580 other Bachelors in Journalism in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Marist College and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application: You can choose between the Marist Application (online or print) or Common Application
- Secondary school transcript(s)
- SAT/ACT scores: Marist is a test-optional school, but you can still submit your scores for consideration
- One Letter of Recommendation: Counselor letter of recommendation is required.
- Personal essay
- Any supplemental materials: Check if your desired program requires application supplements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
National43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.