The Medical Laboratory Science program at Bellarmine University graduates are employed primarily in hospital laboratories, but also enjoy career opportunities in biomedical research, forensics, biotechnology, toxicology, health care administration, pharmaceuticals and other industries. An MLS degree also provides excellent preparation for medical, dental, or graduate school.
The Medical Laboratory Science program includes coursework and laboratory instruction in clinical chemistry, medical microbiology, hematology, clinical immunology and immunohematology (blood banking). MLS students experience a one-semester clinical internship at one or more of our affiliated Louisville-area hospitals.
Bellarmine MLS graduates will:
- Establish a personal scientific knowledge base that prepares them to read, to interpret, and to utilize scientific knowledge in clinical practice.
- Demonstrate critical thinking abilities.
- Perform laboratory tests with accuracy and precision.
- Demonstrate appropriate ethical and professional behavior.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Laboratory Management
- Clinical Chemistry
- Molecular Techniques
- Molecular Diagnostics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Health Sciences View 1610 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application through CommonApp or Bellarmine App.
- Entrance exam (ACT or SAT I) or a request to have your application reviewed as Test Optional.
- An official transcript and school report from the high school last attended or, for those who have not completed their high school work, a General Educational Development (GED) test score.
- Recommendation letter from high school counselor or teacher.
International43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
National43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State43070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.