Our curriculum from Massachusetts Maritime Academy is designed to educate our students on Emergency Management and disaster-related issues faced by individuals, families, businesses, local and national governments, and globally.
Our graduates find career opportunities in the public and private sectors. Recent E.M. graduates have gone off onto careers with federal, state and local government, with law enforcement, fire service, the military and with numerous private businesses and industries.
- Beth Israel Medical Center
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- CVS Health
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Saint Go-Bain Performance Plastics
- National Grid
- TMC Environmental
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Emergency Management program requires students to complete two co-ops, (summer/winter break) and one experimental learning trip, (winter break). Many students complete several co-ops.
- Freshmen EM students will participate in our Habitat for Humanity Experiential Learning Trip. Participation is required for all EM cadets who are freshmen or who transferred to MMA in the Spring. You may read more about this by clicking on the Experiential Learning Trip link in the menu on the left side of this page.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 72 other Bachelors in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application on our website and submit the $50 application fee
- Request official high school transcripts
- Attach your essay (minimum 300 words discussing the most important reasons for selecting MMA as a possible college for you or on a subject of your choice). After you submit your application, this can be uploaded and attached as a PDF file.
- Send two letters of recommendation - Recommendations can come from any source who is not a relative (i.e. coaches, employers, teachers, guidance counselors, etc.). Please send as a PDF file.
- Optional for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 Applicants: Send official standardized test scores (SAT, ACT)
International16534 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16534 USD per year during 48 months.
National16534 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16534 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State1946 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 USD per year during 48 months.
New England Regional: $7344/year
Living costs for Barnstable
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.