The Global Studies program of Framingham State University is based on three important principles:
- globalization affects us all, whether we remain local or look to other parts of the world;
- the connections between the local and global are not limited to one domain of life, but involve equally identities, economies, politics, environments, societies and cultures; and
- students gain from international, cross-cultural perspectives and experiences.
Students learn the historical causes and current process of globalization from an interdisciplinary foundation. They are given the tools to understand global relationships and learn about ways to introduce effective change in issues of global importance. The global studies major emphasizes a flexible structure, allowing students to share in the design of their major and to respond to emergent opportunities at the University and abroad. Experiential learning is stressed: students must study abroad for one semester and are encouraged to take internships and other service learning opportunities.
The General Education Requirement
All students must satisfy a general education requirement consisting of ten (10) courses outside of the major department. The General Education Domain III-C (Global Competency, Ethical reasoning, and/or Human Diversity) requirement is satisfied through the completion of the Global Studies major.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Studies
- Research Methods: Case Studies in Globalization
- Global Issues in Anthropology
- Economics of Globalization
- Contemporary Global Literature
- Comparative World History Since 1500
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Sociology Environmental Economics & Policy View 1352 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Application Fee – $50
- Official High School and/or College/University Transcripts or National Exam Scores
- Official Course-by-Course Evaluation of High School and College/University Transcript(s) by one of the following providers: The Center for Educational Documentation (CED), World Education Services (WES), International Education Evaluations (IEE), SpanTran - The Evaluation Company
- TOEFL or IELTS Score Report if education was in a language other than English
International17460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8730 USD per semester during 48 months.
National17460 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8730 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State11380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5690 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Framingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.