The mission statement of the Dietetics program at University of Alaska Anchorage is to guide the future of dietetics in Alaska by preparing students for supervised practice. To be successful in their field, RDNs need a strong science foundation along with courses in management, clinical and community nutrition, food science, communication, counseling, therapeutic nutrition, and nutrition for the lifespan. This degree has been designed in accordance with the accreditation standards from the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. There is a competitive application process for admissions to the BS in Dietetics. Please contact the Dietetics and Nutrition Program for application information.
The Dietetics and Nutrition (DN) course requirements are online courses to facilitate access to the BS in Dietetics degree statewide. Some courses require students to complete practicums with RDNs in their communities. If practicums are located in health care settings, fingerprinting and criminal background checks will be required and paid for by the student.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Integrate scientific information and the translation of research into practice.
- Demonstrate beliefs, values, attitudes and behaviors for the professional dietitian nutritionist level of practice.
- Develop nutrition-related information, products and services to individuals, groups, and populations.
- Apply principles of management and systems in the provision of nutrition-related services to individuals and organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Microbiology for Health Sciences
- The Profession of Dietetics
- Nutrition for Health Sciences
- College Algebra for Calculus
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 354 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- High school graduation or GED
- Minimum High School GPA of 2.5
- Students with a 2.0-2.5 GPA may be admitted to certain baccalaureate programs with academic advising as a requirement.
International800 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 800 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National800 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 800 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State234 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 234 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Preparatory and Lower-division
- Resident: $234 per credit
- Nonresident: $800 per credit
- Resident: $282 per credit
- Nonresident: $848 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.