About the Program
The Entomology program of Rutgers University will provide students with a strong scientific background as well as a greater understanding of the importance of insects as beneficial organisms as well as their detrimental impacts to humans as pests. Students in the entomology program will also learn practical skills like pest management, experimental design, and applications of molecular biology.
Program Learning Goals
Graduates of the major will have demonstrated:
- Broad knowledge of the systematics, anatomy, physiology, ecology, and biochemistry of insects
- Ability to explain and assess the detrimental and beneficial impacts that insects have on plants, animals, and humanity
- Ability to design, implement, and analyze experiments or pest management programs and interpret data
- Communication of entomological information to the scientific community and to the general public
- Ethical principles required in professional fields
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- World of Insects
- Entomology for Anglers
- Agricultural Entomology and Pest Management
- Toxicology of Insecticides
- Applied Acarology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Biochemistry View 1729 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33388 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16694 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7045 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.