Stanford University's Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program encourages work in the arts and supports creative honors theses. Each Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies student builds an individual program of study around a self-defined thematic focus, integrating courses from multiple departments; Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies majors may declare one of four official sub-plans: LGBT/Queer Studies, Arts & Culture, Health, and Global Studies.
Students completing our major will consider questions and issues in feminism, gender, and sexuality through a lens of intersectionality of race, class, gender, ethnicity, and asexuality to consider interlocking oppression. Courses ask students to consider how gendered constructions of knowledge and social institutions are challenged through social and political activism.
tanford University majors go on to medical school, law school, non-profit work , counseling and education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Michelle Obama in American Culture
- Human Trafficking: Historical, Legal, and Medical Perspectives
- Service-Learning Workshop on Human Trafficking
- LGBT History and Culture in the Bay Area
- Protecting your Bubble: Self Defense Strategies for College Students
- Feminist, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
- Feminist Theories & Methods
- Junior Practicum
- Senior Practicum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 302 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT (Writing/Essay not required) (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
- Standardized testing is one of the application requirements that can highlight academic preparedness. There are no minimum test scores required to be admitted to Stanford, and there is no score that guarantees admission. At Stanford, we review applications holistically, meaning every component of the application is valuable to us as we get to know each student.
International36982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18491 USD per semester during 48 months.
National36982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18491 USD per semester during 48 months.
Regular quarterly tuition.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.