We also offer a minor in Nutrition, Health, and Wellness(NHW). Students prepare for careers in community nutrition and food service management, as well as dietetic internships and meets the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics didactic requirements. Graduates of the Nutrition, Health, and Wellness emphasis may apply for an internship to become Registered Dietitians.
NIU has been preparing professionals in dietetics, nutrition, and food systems since the turn of the century. As a graduate of the major you would join a large network of alumni across the region and the nation.
This emphasis provides basic preparation for fulfillment of the baccalaureate requirements for careers in community nutrition programs, dietetics, or for graduate studies in these areas. Graduates with this emphasis may satisfy the experience requirement for registry by completing a dietetic internship. These programs are offered by various institutions across the country.
Northern Illinois University's vision is to be an engine for innovation to advance social mobility; promote personal, professional and intellectual growth; and transform the world through research, artistry, teaching and outreach.
The mission of Northern Illinois University is to empower students through educational excellence and experiential learning as we pursue knowledge, share our research and artistry, and engage communities for the benefit of the region, state, nation and world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The emphasis in Nutrition, Health & Wellness requires 74-75 semester hours and satisfies the requirements of a Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- NIU offers a dietetic internship in conjunction with the M.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- It is strongly recommended that students planning to apply for adietetic internship acquire work experience in food service and patient care and maintain a grade-point throughout their coursework of 3.0 or above.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 352 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school diploma: You must have graduated by the time you start at NIU in order to be admitted
- Grades: You must have passing grades equivalent to a U.S. C+ average on all transcripts and/or exam scores
- A completed NIU application
- A $40 application fee
- Official transcripts from all high schools attended
- ACT/SAT score
International18932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9466 USD per semester during 48 months.
National9466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4733 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State9466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4733 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for DeKalb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.