Industrial designers give form to virtually all mass-manufactured products in our culture. They seek opportunity and advantage through identifying and solving problems. Their creative contributions impact the utility, appearance, and value of our tools, toys, and environment. Their most innovative solutions lie at an intersection of what is knowable and what is possible.
The Industrial Design profession demands excellent organizational skills, an awareness of visual and tactile aesthetics, human behavior, human proportion, material, process, and the responsible appropriation of resources, during and after use. Designers express conceptual proposals through a combination of well-developed drawing, physical modeling, computer modeling, writing, and verbal skills.
The University of Notre Dame is a Catholic academic community of higher learning, animated from its origins by the Congregation of Holy Cross. The University is dedicated to the pursuit and sharing of truth for its own sake. As a Catholic university, one of its distinctive goals is to provide a forum where, through free inquiry and open discussion, the various lines of Catholic thought may intersect with all the forms of knowledge found in the arts, sciences, professions, and every other area of human scholarship and creativity.
- Critical Moments in Classical Art & Culture
- What is an image?
- Photography from the Daguerreotype to the iPhone
- World Art at the Snite Museum
- Notre Dame and Its Artifacts
- Ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 105 other Bachelors in Industrial Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Notre Dame Writing Supplement via the Common Application or Coalition Application.
- Optional: Results of your ACT or SAT assessment scores - Notre Dame is test-optional for 2022 and 2023 application cycles. S
- Official results of the TOEFL, IELTS, DET, or PTE Academic, if applicable
- Official high school transcripts or record of academic achievement in secondary school
- A letter of evaluation from a high school teacher in a core academic subject area who knows you well
- Counselor evaluation (recommended, not required)
- A completed Certification of Finances plus financial documentation (see below) verifying the totals on the Certification of Finances submitted via your applicant status portal
- A copy of your passport submitted via your applicant status portal
- If applying for need-based financial aid, a completed CSS Profile
International58843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58843 USD per year during 48 months.
National58843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58843 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for South Bend
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.