The International Relations program of San Francisco State University explores how global, regional, and domestic factors influence relations between actors on the world stage. Students are prepared for future careers, civic engagement, and life-long learning with strong analytical, writing, research and presentation skills steeped in theory, history, and practice.
Program Learning Outcomes
Courses for the Bachelor of Arts in International Relations have three objectives:
- To impart knowledge of basic concepts, theories and methods in international relations
- To develop in each student at least one area of special individual competence in international relations
- To train students in research, writing, analytical, and presentation/communication skills
Employment possibilities for graduates in international relations exist in business, government, electronic and print journalism, teaching, and private international service (e.g., U.N. Association, Red Cross, etc.). Students completing a degree find it excellent preparation for entry into highly competitive programs of advanced study or work abroad in areas of special interest or knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to World Affairs
- Fundamentals of International Relations: Theories, Issues, and Perspectives
- International Relations: Analysis and Application
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- Introduction to International Political Economy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Public Policy View 1357 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Complete and submit the CSU Application
- Students will be required to submit official, original or certified/attested copies of all original academic documents in the original language of issue
- Applicants who are presently attending a college or university in the United States must, in addition to their international records, submit official transcripts of all work completed and in progress
- Applicants must be qualified to enter a university in their home country and have a good scholastic record from an accredited/recognized school
- All applicants for admission to the University must pay a $55.00 application fee
- English language proficiency
International7440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7440 USD per year during 48 months.
National7440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7440 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.