The Biological Engineering: Food and Biological Process Engineering B.S. graduates at the Purdue University are well prepared for careers in the food industry, pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, and bioprocessing as well as entrance into graduate or medical school. Students may select a major and plan of study within biological engineering that is tailored to their specific career goals. Some areas of focus include:
Bioprocess engineering and bioenergy engineering: This is rapidly becoming a critical forefront research area as advances in genetic engineering lead to new types of crops and new processing methods to create value added products.
Cellular and biomolecular engineering: This emerging field is expected to rapidly advance and open opportunities in biomanufacturing, drug design, human therapeutics, tissue and organ regeneration, bioenergy and biofuel production, bioremediation, and biodefense.
Careers in Biological Engineering - multiple concentrations
- Research and development of new foods and biological and pharmaceutical products
- Development and operation of manufacturing, packaging, and distributing systems for drug, food, and bio-based products
- Design and installation of food/biological/pharmaceutical production processes
- Design and operation of environmentally responsible systems, energy, and products
- Marketing and technical support for manufacturing plant
- Business/industry positions in design, analysis, marketing, sales, engineering, and management consulting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Thermodynamics In Biological Systems
- Sophomore Seminar
- Numerical And Computational Modeling In Biological Engineering
- Applications Of Physical Chemistry To Biological Processes
- Bioprocess Engineering Laboratory
- Momentum Transfer In Food And Biological Systems
- Heat And Mass Transfer In Food And Biological Systems
- Design Of Electronic Systems
- Biological/Microbial Kinetics And Reaction Engineering
- Transport Operations In Food And Biological Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
If you're applying to begin in the spring or summer term, submit application as early as possible prior to the start of the term.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Food Sciences View 308 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Apply Online: $60 Application Fee
- Secondary School Grades
- Official SAT or ACT Score: SAT or ACT scores with writing is strongly encouraged for international citizens.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Letter of Recommendation: Though not required, a letter of recommendation is strongly encouraged, especially for students eligible to be considered for scholarships, for the Honors College or for those who are applying to highly competitive programs.
International30794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30794 USD per year during 48 months.
National28794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28794 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9992 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for West Lafayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.