The Bachelor of Science degree may also be acquired with the explicit addition of one of these options: actuarial science, applied mathematics, pure mathematics, the Mathematics (Statistics Option) programme at University of Texas Arlington or secondary teaching certification.
The Bachelor of Science pure math option is primarily intended for students wishing to pursue graduate work in mathematics.
The applied mathematics option is aimed at students seeking careers as mathematicians in the emerging high-tech industries. The actuarial science option is intended for students with an interest in a career involving various applications of mathematics to the world of business.
The option with secondary teaching certification is intended for students desiring to teach mathematics at the secondary school level, and is offered in coordination with UT Arlington's UTeach program.
The Bachelor of Arts degree is intended for those students seeking a traditional liberal arts education with an emphasis on mathematics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Abstract Algebra
- Analysis And Advanced Multivariable Calculus
- Numerical Analysis And Computer Applications
- Discrete Mathematics
- Differential Equations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 400 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Students who wish to apply for major status in mathematics must first complete the University and College of Science requirements and the specific requirements of the Department of Mathematics listed below.
- Overall GPA of 2.25;
- Minimum GPA of 2.25 in at least nine hours of mathematics courses in residence at the level of MATH 1426 or above, excluding capstone mathematics courses specifically for prospective middle or secondary grades mathematics teachers;
- At least six hours from the science or computer science courses listed in the mathematics degree plans; and
- Twelve hours of courses of the University core curriculum in disciplines other than science and mathematics.
- appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11620 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.