As part of a Research I, Urban Public University, the mission of the Geology - Composite Science Teacher Certification Option (UTeach) program from The University of Texas at Arlington is to advance the field of geosciences and the environment, to communicate knowledge through education, and to nourish diverse scholars through research and education in a sustainable academic environment.
What Will I Learn?
The students’ learning experience isn’t confined to the classroom. They also participate in cutting-edge, collaborative research in the laboratory, guided by expert faculty on projects funded by agencies including the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation.
Graduates will be prepared for a career as a professional geologist or a career in government policy relating to earth science and environmental issues, earth-science education, environmental law, environmental consulting or environmental medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Evolution and Ecology
- Topics in Sustainability
- Knowing and Learning in Math and Science
- Classroom Interactions
- Multiple Teaching Practices in Math and Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Teaching View 383 other Bachelors in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission. They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term. Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.