The Physical Education Teacher Education programme offered by The University of Texas at Arlington is specifically designed to prepare graduates for certification in teaching PK-12 physical education. The program is designed to provide a scientific and pedagogical foundation with multiple public school experiences that enable students to observe, assist teachers and coaches, experiment with curriculum, create programs, and gain structured experiences in teaching. Because of the emphasis on field experiences, our graduates are well prepared when they enter the workforce.
In addition, our graduates work in diverse settings and are able to plan and teach individuals with disabilities successfully. Candidates are also encouraged to earn a second teaching area concentration (such as English, History, Biology/Life Science, Math, Modern Language, Health Education, etc.).
- Physical Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Personal Trainer
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Physical Education Teacher
- Athletic Trainer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching Games for Understanding
- Dance and Movement Activities
- Adapted Physical Exercise & Sport
- Theory and Application in Motor Development
- Fitness and Outdoor Adventure Activities Education
- Physical Education Teacher Certification Practicum
- Teaching Secondary Physical Education
- Teaching Elem Physical Education
- Pre-adolescent/adolescent Growth
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sports Management Teaching View 3419 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission. They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term. Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11620 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.