The goals and objectives of this Music (Performance, Theory, or Composition) program from University of Texas Arlington include:
- offering curricula leading to a baccalaureate degree and graduate programs that provide students with the opportunity to realize their inherent musical potential,
- offering degree options that recognize and nurture students’ abilities and talents to make contributions of excellence in the fields of music, and
- preparing students for further graduate study and/or professional careers in music by meeting curricula criteria, performance standards, and academic expectations.
All prospective music majors must audition for proper placement in their respective performance areas and take a music theory placement test. Information concerning auditions and placement tests is available in the Music Office.
- Music Teacher
- Higher Education Professor
- Music Producer
- Music Director
- Arts Administrator
- Record Producer
- Broadcast Engineer
- Private Tutor
- Program Director
- Radio Producer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sightsinging and Ear Training
- Theory and Harmony
- Instrumental Conducting
- Music History
- Functional Piano
- Business of Music
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2108 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- New prospective students who wish to enroll at The University of Texas at Arlington must apply for admission. They should apply as early as possible. All application materials—signed application(or certified if online), appropriate application fee or fee waiver documentation, official copies of transcripts of all high school and all college work attempted, and official test scores when appropriate—should be submitted by the priority deadlines.
- Completed applications will be accepted after the priority deadlines until the ApplyTexas application closes approximately two weeks prior to the start of the term.
- Adherence to the deadlines ensures careful evaluation of credentials resulting in an admission decision and notification of that decision to the student in time for orientation, academic advising, registration, and tuition/fee payment.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11620 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.