The Linguistics programme offered by The University of Texas at Arlington seeks to deepen our understanding of language by examining how it is represented, used, and processed.
The faculty members work toward this goal through research and teaching in theoretical linguistics, focusing on phonology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, and psycholinguistics as well as the interfaces among these domains of inquiry.
In order to explore questions in these areas, we use multiple methods, including field methods, corpus-based methods, and experimental research methods, to collect and analyze data from a wide range of the world's languages, and from both native and non-native speakers of these languages. This approach to the scientific study of language is the primary focus of our BA degree in Linguistics.
The study of linguistics prepares students for a variety of careers, among them teaching English to speakers of other languages in the United States and abroad, brand naming (lexicon work), information and intelligence analyst, language policy, forensic linguistics and the law, computer analysis of language, language education, and graduate study in linguistics.
Above all, students in the Department of Linguistics and TESOL are made especially aware of the complex world in which we live by studying a universal and most definitive human experience: language.
- Higher Education teaching and research
- Fieldwork and Field Program Administration
- International Development
- Literacy Consultation
- Language Planning
- Language Technology
- ESL Teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Study of Human Language
- Language in a Multicultural USA
- Principles of Linguistic Analysis
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Second Language Acquisition
- Phonological Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 2097 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.