The English with Teacher Certification at The University of Texas at Arlington provides students with an understanding of theoretical and analytical processes which enable them to assimilate a variety of textual materials representing many cultures and historical periods. Students will learn to read closely, critically, and with empathy.
In addition, students will learn to conduct scholarly research and to produce clear and cogent arguments in both written and oral form. These skills are widely applicable for English graduates who seek out and create careers in the arts, education, business, research and development, government, media, and publishing.
The Department of English offers two degree options: a BA in English and a BA in English with Teacher Certification (BATCH). The distribution requirements for both degree plans include courses in literature, rhetoric, theory, and writing. In addition to the majors, the Department of English offers minors in English, Writing, Creative Writing, and Technical Writing and Professional Communication, as well as a Certificate in Technical Writing and Professional Communication for non-degree-seeking students.
Furthermore, the Department of English frequently cross-lists courses with African American Studies, Disability Studies, Environmental and Sustainability Studies, Medieval and Early Modern Studies, Mexican American Studies, and Women’s and Gender Studies.
- Published Writer
- Teacher at all levels
- Higher Education Professor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Dynamic Traditions in Literature
- Analysis and Interpretation
- Structure of Modern English
- Early English Language and Literature
- Writing / Digital Authoring
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 2147 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.