The BE Department supports the University and College of Engineering mission by offering a broad-based undergraduate education leading to a degree of bachelor of science in Biomedical Engineering with emphasis on technical, professional, ethical, and societal responsibilities associated with the practice of engineering.
Advanced masters and doctoral degrees are offered with emphasis on technical specialization and the advancement of knowledge in several areas of bioengineering.
The overall goal of the Biomedical Engineering program offered by The University of Texas at Arlington is to promote intellectual development of those interested in the bioengineering profession, and to produce graduates who possess the knowledge, tools and traits necessary for a successful career, and for assuming a leadership role in the bioengineering profession.
More specifically, the educational program objectives are to produce graduates who:
- Possess a broad-based bioengineering education to successfully obtain professional positions, and practice bioengineering in a wide range of professional settings including industries, healthcare facilities, and consulting firms.
- Exhibit professional growth throughout their careers by taking on increasing professional responsibilities, and pursue life-long learning by participation in job-related advanced training activities, and/or attending graduate school, or professional school (medical or dental school).
- Demonstrate success and leadership in practice of engineering by contributing to the economic well-being of their employers and society, and by dedicated service to professional societies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Applications of Engineering
- Evolution and Ecology
- General Chemistry Calculus
- Differential Equations & Linear Algebra
- General Technical Physics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biotechnology View 315 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- Pay the application fee
- Submit your completed official secondary school (high school) transcripts, college level course transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and/or national test examination scores as appropriate for the educational system in your country by mail in a sealed envelope. You must possess the equivalent of a U.S. high school graduation.
- Submit official ACT/SAT Score(s)
- Submit English language proficiency test scores (Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores)
- Check admission status in MyMav
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28278 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11968 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11968 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.