The Applied Science - Physiotherapy at the University of Sydney will teach you through state-of-the-art simulations and practical experiences how to employ a range of drug-free techniques to treat and prevent injuries. In addition to the high-profile sports side of physiotherapy, graduates also practice in roles that contribute significantly to the wider community, such as the management of neurological conditions, movement disorders, rehabilitation and recovery.
During this four year degree you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of physiotherapy, including areas such as musculoskeletal anatomy, neuroscience, respiratory and cardiac conditions, paediatric physiotherapy and preventative health care. The Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) incorporates significant clinical and professional fieldwork opportunities, providing hands-on experience with real clients in a supervised environment. You will undertake a one-week clinical placement in your first year followed by five five-week clinical placements in years two, three and four.
- public and private sector
- health care organisations
- sports industry
- schools and community
- private practices
- health education
- Advanced Professional Practice
- Bodily Senses in Health and Disease
- Body Systems: Structure and Function
- Health, Behaviour and Society
- Clinical Practicum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 33 other Bachelors in Physiotherapy in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 063847J
- A secondary education qualification such as the NSW Higher School Certificate (including national and international equivalents), or approved higher education study, including approved preparation courses.
- English language requirements where these are not demonstrated by sufficient qualifications taught in English.
International57000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57000 AUD per year during 48 months.
National8021 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8021 AUD per year during 48 months.
Most domestic undergraduate students are eligible for Commonwealth supported place (CSP) in their course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.