Through the Actuarial Science 124-credit curriculum at the Temple University, you’ll refine your analytical and mathematical skills to prepare for the required professional exams and a career as an actuary, specializing in the evaluation of insurance and financial risks across an array of industries.
Housed in Fox’s Department of Risk, Insurance and Healthcare Management, the Actuarial Science Major is designated as a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries. This intensive program provides highly skilled students with a strong foundation in mathematics and statistics, and exposes them to a wide range of business disciplines.
Classes & Curriculum
The 124-credit Actuarial Science BBA program is a combination of general education, actuarial science, mathematics and statistics courses. The courses are approved by the Society of Actuaries and Casualty Actuarial Society as satisfying VEE (Validation by Educational Experience) requirements.
Courses students will complete include
- Actuarial Analytics,
- Actuarial Modeling,
- Actuarial Probability and Statistics,
- Corporate Finance for Actuarial Science,
- Managing International Risk and
- Theory of Interest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Actuarial Probability and Statistics I
- Theory of Interest
- Corporate Finance for Actuarial Science
- Actuarial Modeling I
- Actuarial Modeling II
- Actuarial Analytics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Management, Organisation & Leadership Actuarial Science View 1762 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Self-Report High School Transcript
- Fee: $55 (Fee waivers are available for freshmen who qualify)
- Temple's online application or online Common Application or Paper application to submit by mail
- Official High School or University Transcripts with English Translations
- Standardized Tests (SAT, ACT, TOEFL iBT, IELTS or PTE)
- Apply as an international student if you hold or will need to obtain a nonimmigrant visa, including a student (F-1) or an exchange visitor (J-1) visa.
International37608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37608 USD per year during 48 months.
National37608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37608 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State20616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20616 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.