Are you interested in foreign policy, international political economy or national security? Do you want to learn more about other countries and regions of the world? Do you want to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in an increasingly globalized environment? If so, then world politics may be a great fit for you.
Graduates of this World Politics program from The Ohio State University receive a degree from a nationally-ranked department in a discipline that is well known for instilling strong critical reasoning, research and writing skills.
Graduates will be prepared to pursue a variety of careers with a global focus, including intelligence and national security, foreign policy and diplomacy, international business analysis and consulting, international finance and global investment banking, international humanitarian and development organizations (e.g. CARE, Oxfam, USAID), international governance organizations (e.g. the UN, the World Bank, the World Health Organization), conflict mediation and resolution, research institutes and think tanks with a global focus, secondary and higher education, and journalism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foreign policy and security
- Political institutions and processes
- Political economy and development
- International theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1088 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.