Real estate is an applied discipline that utilizes management, economics, marketing and especially finance principles in the study of real estate valuation, development, brokerage and finance. Many areas of the financial services industry—loan origination and servicing, portfolio investment and advising—require extensive real estate knowledge.
As students progress in their real estate careers, they typically acquire designations from and participate in one or more professional associations. Among the designations are the MAI (Member of the Appraisal Institute), CCIM (Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute), GRI and CRS (awarded by the National Association of Realtors), CRE (American Society of Real Estate Counselors), and CPM (Institute of Real Estate Management). Among other professional organizations are the Urban Land Institute (real estate development), the National Association of Homebuilders, Building Owners and Managers Association, Mortgage Bankers Association of America, International Council of Shopping Centers (shopping center development/leasing/management), National Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives, National Association of Real Estate Investment Tracts and the Industrial Development Research Council (corporate real estate).
At graduation, Fisher College of Business graduates:
- Will posses strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and critically assess problems facing contemporary businesses
- Will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of human resources
- Will possess a global perspective and can critically evaluate the international context a contemporary business operates in
- Can identify and assess ethical issues surrounding business decisions.
- Are able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Can demonstrate professional deportment and effective oral and written communication skills
The Real Estate and Urban Analysis major from The Ohio State University has opportunities for employment with commercial banks, savings associations, insurance companies, mortgage bankers, and private appraisal and consulting firms. Real estate developers, property management firms, and residential or commercial and industrial brokerage offices also offer employment. Students may find employment in corporate real estate departments, franchise organizations with multiple site requirements and government agencies involved with lending. Many real estate graduates eventually organize their own businesses in one of these fields.
There is a continuing need for employees in private firms and government agencies concerned with developing, appraising, financing, and merchandising residential, commercial and industrial real estate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Business Skills and Environment
- Business Law
- International Business
- Management Sciences
- Management and Human Resources
- Strategic Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReal Estate & Property Management View 77 other Masters in Real Estate & Property Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.